Saturday, March 07, 2009

Driving School - Day 1

Driving School: Dynamic Driving Institute
Course: Php 4,700 (10 hours; 2hours/day for 5 days)
Student Permit: Php 500 (had to go to LTO for photo and signature. was assisted by Carmela.)
Non-professional Driver's License: Php 1,600 (paid only 600 initially. balance to be paid when license is processed which would be about a month after the Student Permit.)

Day 1 (8am - 10am)
After 5 minutes of orientation with the pedals and gears, I started driving. Success! Car moved! On an actual busy road! With moving cars! Haha! Good thing the instructor has his own break pedal.
Other lessons: shifting gears, feet placement, clutch vs. breaks, clutch vs. gas, pedals vs gears, rear view mirrors, turning right and left, uphill, downhill, intersections, reverse, basic parking, signal lights.
The engine died on me a couple of times. The most fun of which was when I made a turn at a busy intersection and stopped right smack in the middle. A very old trike driver went ballistic which didn't really bother me. I was too busy starting the engine.
Other than that, I thought that the general driving population in Marikina were pretty friendly to student drivers.

Now, I feel like I went to the gym. My whole body is sore.

I wonder where I can get those Student Driver signboards they hang at the back of the car. I want one for mine. For the general public's safety. Day 2 tomorrow at 12nn. Wish me luck!



0 comments: