Sunday, November 01, 2009

Ondoy Stole my October!

Can't believe it's November! Whatever happened to my October? Hmm... Ondoy!!!

That day started with our weekly Lozada Swim class at Riverbend Hotel.

I noticed that the pool was deeper than usual. We enjoyed swimming under the rain, nonetheless. After class, I called home. Mom said street was flooded and suggested I wait it out. So, SM we went!

We decided to see The Surrogates. Halfway through the movie, mom called. Flood waters have entered the house and was rising fast. I asked her to leave the house and go to SM if she can. Apparently, she can't. They're stranded. 

Off to the roof she went with our 3 dogs!

In the meantime, I was stranded in SM. Calling, texting, tweeting and posting status updates in Facebook the entire time. Hoping that somehow mom would be rescued. 

Call me crazy but hey, without twitter or facebook, the helplessness would've driven me insane!

And here's a video taken outside SM during the typhoon.



 

So, was mom rescued? Ask her. She said, "Bakit walang nag-rescue sakin?" Oh well. At least your safe, mom!

Time to end this story.


We lost all those and our October but the losing ends here.

Happy Halloween!

PS.

Yes to MLTR. Someday, it's gonna make sense.

0 comments: